This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission. This is no extra cost to you, but it does enable my addiction to Target. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
My April Monthly Powersheets Goals have me pretty excited about making progress! I have shared before about how much I love using my Powersheets from Cultivate What Matters to set better goals for myself. I have been sharing a breakdown of my monthly goals (check out my March Powersheets Goals here) to keep me more accountable and to let you see an example of how easy it is to set good, measurable goals that can aid in growing you into the person you want to become.
Quick Follow Up of my March Monthly Goals
- Complete Units 1,2 & 3 of Elite Blog Academy: Check! I finished these before the end of the month and got to start on unit 4 a few days early
- Clean out Tshirts: Check! All t-shirts have been sorted, organized and donated. I now just have one drawer of t-shirts
- Organize my Medical Bills: Check! I now have a plan for all of my bills. That took some serious adulting (and lots of chats with my mom, who is a real adult).
- Date Night with Eric: Check! Eric and didn’t get a night where we left Kinsley with a sitter, but we did go out to dinner one night where Kinsley slept the whole time and we got to talk uninterrupted. Every time we get time to have good conversation, I am reminded of all of the things I love and respect about him. Date nights are a must!
- Read 2 chapters of a book: Uhh… Didn’t happen. Not. One. Chapter.
- Publish 1 blog post: I got really close with this one! I only missed one week.
- Take a photo of Kinsley: Check! This is always a fun one. Follow Kinsley on Instagram to see her photos! (@KinsleyGivens)
- Write out my weekly to-do’s: Check! I dive more into how I write out my weekly to-do lists with my Simplified Planner here!
- Read my Bible: Preeeety close. I am currently 10 days behind on my reading plan, but still feeling good about this goal.
- Pray with Eric: Check! It has been such a great way to keep the closeness in our marriage.
- 30 minutes of me time: I did ok here! I finished the month feeling refreshed and rested which is what matters most. This did inspire me to do some brainstorming and share a few ideas on how to work Me Time into your busy schedules!
APRIL MONTHLY POWERSHEETS GOALS
- Complete Elite Blog Academy Units 4,5 & 6: I plan to continue going strong on this course, but these units seem to require a bit more learning about skills that I don’t have polished yet, so I don’t want to push myself to move forward if I am not ready.
- Lose 5 LBS: I started Weight Watchers a couple weeks ago to aid in completing my yearly goal of getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I am already down 1 pound this month and I am working to lose 4 more before May 1! My sister is getting married and June and my bridesmaid dress is helping my motivation.
- Updating our Monthly Budget: Eric and I have had a monthly budget that we have kind of phoned in over the last year or so. But we just started Daycare this past month so our budget is taking on a new (slightly huge) expense. So we need to restructure and adapt our budget to trim out some things to make room for all the baby expenses.
- Sell our house: We are moving! We are still staying in Houston (God Bless Texas), but we had the opportunity to buy my grandparent’s house in the neighborhood I grew up in, and we jumped at it. So now we have to sell our house. Not totally in my control, but it is a goal all the same!
- Date Night with Eric: my favorite night of the month!
- Post 1 blog post: I have all the ideas, I just need to set aside time to write them.
- Take a weekly photo of Kinsley: This goal is so easy. Makes me feel good when I can check it off my list!
- Encourage someone: With all of the turbulence in our world today, I think it would be good to make a small impact for the better by encouraging someone. A nice text or a written note is what I am shooting for.
- Workout 3x a week: This weekly goal is supporting my monthly goal of losing 5 lbs. Since I am still just over a month out from major abdominal surgery, I am sticking to walking and light weights. Which is pretty much the exact same as what I do when I didn’t just have surgery.
- Meal Prep for Breakfast: Did you know that having a baby makes getting out the door in the morning take 3 times as long?! I have just learned that lesson and not having breakfast does not sit well with me. So I am meal prepping on Sundays in order to have easy, healthy breakfasts ready to go in the mornings. One less thing to worry about when the baby has a last minute diaper explosion as we are walking out the door…
- Pray with Eric: This daily goal sets the foundation for our marriage. We pray together every night. It has taken a while to solidify that habit though!
- Read My Bible: I am definitely a more joyful person when I am in the Word every day. This month I need to catch up on the days I missed in March and stay on track through April. But I am all in favor of giving myself grace, as long I as I keep working at it!
- Track My Food: I am tracking my food through my Weight Watchers app in an effort to build a new habit and increase my mindfulness about what I am eating.
What are your goals for the month? Are you using Lara Casey’s Powersheets? Leave me a comment below or shoot me an email (email@example.com). I would love to hear from you and would be happy to give you accountability on any goals you are trying to reach!