This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission. This is no extra cost to you, but it does enable my addiction to Target. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I am loving getting to share my monthly goals with you each month. It is helping me stay accountable and make progress towards my yearly goals. Using my Powersheets has helped so much because they are such a great template for goal setting.
I hope you are also writing down your goals monthly and making progress as well! If not, start today! There is no need to wait till January 1st. You will be glad you did when you start accomplishing your goals.
Quick Recap of my April Powersheets Goals and progress:
APRIL POWERSHEETS GOALS
- Complete Elite Blog Academy Units 4,5 & 6 – Whoops. Didn’t complete any of these units. Made a bit of progress on unit 4!
- Lose 5 LBS – DONE! Accomplished via Weight Watchers and working out.
- Updating our Monthly Budget: No progress here, but we have found some creative ways to save some money as we head into May.
- Sell our house: Hasn’t happened yet, but we are starting renovations on my grandparent’s (now ours) house this month, which will lead to some interesting stories I am certain.
- Date Night with Eric: we went to see our home team play at the ballpark! Go Stros.
- Post 1 blog post: Check! Hope you enjoyed them!
- Take a weekly photo of Kinsley: Check! I love being able to look back at how much she changes so quickly!
- Encourage someone: Time got the best of my and I didn’t do this well every week. I sent out several texts, but I felt like I missed the mark here.
- Workout 3x a week: My Fitbit said I hit this goal 3 out of 5 weeks. It is nice to have that all recorded for me! One less thing to keep track of.
- Meal Prep for Breakfast: I did really well at the beginning of April, but haven’t found consistency yet. I may tackle this again in June…
- Pray with Eric: Mostly successful! I went to sleep right after putting Kinsley down a lot last month, which meant that our routine of praying together before bed was rocked a little.
- Read My Bible: Slipped a little at the start of the month, but I am back in the habit now going into May.
- Track My Food: This is a habit that I am making progress in. I usually stop tracking once I eat something on the ‘cheat’ list. But that is the perk of the Weight Watchers system because you have all week to even out that cheat meal. So there is nothing that really should stop me from tracking my food, I just need to get used to it!
MAY POWERSHEETS GOALS:
- Finish Elite Blog Academy Units 4 & 5: Making progress!
- Sell our home: Still not totally in my control, but I am doing my part to keep our house clean!
- Lose 5 lbs: Again! My sister is getting married the first weekend in June, so I have a bit of a deadline to be sure I fit in my bridesmaids dress!
- Date night with Eric: This month may be tricky because we are doing a lot of weekend activities to prep for my sister’s wedding. But that just means we will have to be a little creative with how we get our one-on-one time in.
- Work out 3x a week: It seems to be working, so I am going to stick with it!
- Weekly budget meeting: Eric and I started our marriage with weekly budget meetings to help us stay on the same page financially and save up for big goals. As we have been married longer, we don’t meet as often, but having a third person in the house (who is useless in bringing in any income) is leading us to rework our budget and spend less where we used to be able to spend freely.
- Pray with Eric: The best thing we do for our marriage.
- Read my Bible: I am over 25% complete with my goal to read the entire Bible in one year.
- Track my food: I have a feeling the habit may stick this month!
- No spend day: I can’t do this every day, but Eric and I are cutting out a lot of extra expenses to help save for Kinsley things and the renovations to our new house. I am trying to cut out all eating out (Starbucks included) this month.
What are your goals for the month? Any progress you have made on your yearly goals? Do you use Lara Casey’s Powersheets? I would love to hear about them in the comments below!
Also – if you would like to try out Powersheets, you can get a sample download when you pre-order Lara Casey’s new book, Cultivate!