This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission. This is no extra cost to you, but it does enable my addiction to Target. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Searching for the perfect mom swimsuits? Let a fellow mama help you out. From flattering one piece swimsuits to the best swimsuits to hide your tummy – make your swimsuit shopping easy!
Summer is such a fun time. School is out (so traffic during the week is a breeze), the days are longer and get to spend quite a bit of time in the pool. Now there are some moms who were able to go straight back to their pre-baby bikinis, but I was not #blessed enough to be in that category.
After 3 major abdominal surgeries, 2 babies and my love for pizza over salads, my midsection may never see the light of day again. But our family loves the pool and we live in a neighborhood that has some amazing kid-friendly pools that we frequent quite a bit over the summer.
So I have found myself furiously googling “Best Swimsuits for Moms” and still haven’t found a good collection of suits that falls in between “super fit mom” and “really frumpy mom”. So in an effort to help myself, and all other moms who want to have a cute, attractive swimsuit, but aren’t ready to show off that tummy yet, I put together my own list!
Because after all, we do as moms, we deserve to look cute in our swimwear while also not feeling like we are super exposed or insecure about our bodies (which have done amazing things BTW!)
The Best Mom Friendly Swimsuits
- The band around the midsection and the ruching detail on the hips are your two new best friends this summer. Beware of the plunging neckline around little hands, but this suit would be perfect on a kid-free vacation. Keeping You Accompanied Stripe One-piece Swimsuit – Cupshe
2. This Navy one shoulder suit is adorable. And the ruffles are a great way to add some flair to a basic suit!
3. I love this black swimsuit. It was recommended in a Mom’s Facebook group I am in and the reviews just in that group were top notch. Since it was under $30, I ordered it and it comes as promised. There aren’t any ruffles or peplum that cover my middle, but the material is a little thicker around the tummy and has a bit of a spanx effect. I also love the neckline. Trendy and there is no chance my kids are going to accidentally expose me like Janet Jackson in the 2004 Super Bowl halftime show.
4. Say it with me, friend. PEM-LUM. This is by far the thing I enjoy most about swimsuit trends right now. Peplum is forgiving, flattering and fashionable. Get this pretty floral peplum swimsuit and feel confident every time you go to the pool!
5. Give me all the scallops. They are adorable on this black one piece and I love the key hole in the front. Pro Tip: Beware of the tan lines. Scalloped Trim Cutout Front Halter Swimsuit – SheIn
6. This is one of the swimsuits I bought and I really like it. It is really fun and I feel super comfortable in it. Plus the pattern fits right in if you are heading someplace tropical for a trip. One Piece Pineapple Print Off the Shoulder Swimsuit – Amazon
7. This is a little more on the edge of all the swimsuits I have but I think it is a great option! The high waisted bottoms are really great for hiding my c-section scar and my stretch marks. The top is not tiny hand friendly so you may need to watch out for that. But this is the summer swimsuit that my husband is most excited about so I know that at least one person in our family considers this one a winner!
Where is your favorite place to shop for swimsuits? I am always on the lookout for new suits since Houston is such a warm climate almost year round.
Whichever swimsuit you get, just be sure you feel good in it! And don’t be too hard on yourself, because whatever type of mom bod you have – because that bod brought you a tiny little human and that is an AMAZING thing. Go you!
Pin this post to your favorite style board!
Don't Forget a THING for your Family Beach Trip!
Packing for a vacation with kids can be like a scavenger hunt. Make things a little easier by using this Family Beach Trip Packing List as your guide!
This packing list breaks down what you need for all members of your family:
I can't help you find the passports your husband misplaced, but I can make help you remember to pack everything needed to have a blast at the beach.