This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission. This is no extra cost to you, but it does enable my addiction to Target. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Summer is such a fun time. School is out (so traffic during the week is a breeze), the days are longer and get to spend quite a bit of time in the pool. Now there are some moms who were able to go straight back to their pre-baby bikinis, but I was not #blessed enough to be in that category. After 2 major abdominal surgeries, and carrying a 7 lb baby along with an 8 lb cyst, my stomach may never see the light of day again. Also, I believe the saying about baby weight goes “9 months on, 24 months off”, right? At least that is the track I am on.
So I have found myself furiously googling “Best Swimsuits for Moms” and still haven’t found a good collection of suits that falls in between “super fit mom” and “really frumpy mom”. So in an effort to help myself, and all other moms who want to have a cute, attractive swimsuit, but aren’t ready to show off that tummy yet, I put together my own list!
- The band around the midsection and the ruching detail on the hips are your two new best friends this summer. Beware of the plunging neckline around little hands, but this suit would be perfect on a kid-free vacation. Keeping You Accompanied Stripe One-piece Swimsuit – Cupshe
2. Black is a big help to any trouble spots, even in a swimsuit, and I love the off the shoulder element, becuase it lets you show off a little more skin uptop while looking supremely classy. Black Magic Falbala One Piece Swimsuit – Cupshe
3. I hadn’t worn a tankini since my self concious days in middle school, but now tankinis are a whole new world of freedom and confidence. Biggest plus of a taknkini? Unlike a one piece, going to the bathroom gets a whole lot easier with this two piece deal. – GEMAN High Waisted Takini – Amazon
4. Say it with me friend. PEM-LUM. This is by far the thing I enjoy most about swimsuit trends right now. Peplum is forgiving, flattering and fashionable. Sea Angel Women’s Floral Pemplum Tankini – Target.
5. Give me all the scallops. They are adorable on this black one piece and I love the key hole in the front. Pro Tip: Beware of the tan lines. Scalloped Trim Cutout Front Halter Swimsuit – SheIn
6. This is one of the swimsuits I bought and I really like it. It is really fun and I feel super comfortable in it. Plus the pattern fits right in if you are heading someplace triopical for a trip. One Piece Pineapple Print Off the Shoulder Swimsuit – Amazon
Where is your favorite place to shop for swimsuits? I am always on the lookout for new suits, since Houston is such a warm climate almost year round.
Whichever swimsuit you get, just be sure you feel good in it! And don’t be too hard on yourself, because whatever type of mombod you have – because that bod brought you a tiny little human and that is an AMAZING thing. Go you!
Don't Forget a THING for your Family Beach Trip!
Packing for a vacation with kids can be like a scavenger hunt. Make things a little easier by using this Family Beach Trip Packing List as your guide!
This packing list breaks down what you need for all members of your family:
I can't help you find the passports your husband misplaced, but I can make help you remember to pack everything needed to have a blast at the beach.