Wedding Anniversary Date Ideas
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission. This is no extra cost to you, but it does enable my addiction to Target. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Having a wedding was fun, but I have had a way better time enjoying the marriage that has come afterward. And every year when we hit our anniversary, I know it is something deserving of a celebration. That being said – we don’t always have the finances or the time to go on an all-out romantic trip to Paris, so we have to be creative with our wedding anniversary date ideas! Even if you aren’t able to take an anniversary trip (like everyone else on Instagram seems to do), your anniversary date doesn’t have to be boring or typical!
WEDDING ANNIVERSARY DATE IDEAS
- Laugh together at a comedy club
- Go back to the spot of your first date
- Take a cooking class
- Go stargazing – um, hello romantic!
- Have a parkside picnic
- Take a spontaneous road trip
- Go hiking
- Get professional photos taken – When was the last time you had good pictures taken? Probably your wedding!
- Get a couples massage
- Netflix (and chill) – add-on fancy take out to combat the casual sweatpants attire of this date
- Volunteer together – I try every year to get my husband to volunteer at an animal shelter with me because I know we will come home with another dog. But he is totally on to me.
- Have a staycation – Pro-tip: if you book your other hotel stays through Hotels.com, you can get a free night and use that for your anniversary!
- Go to a concert
- Have a ballroom lesson – substitute ballroom for “golf” or “tennis” if your spouse has only agreed to dance once – and it was at your wedding
- Sing Karaoke – Fun fact: My go-to Karaoke song is “Hips Don’t Lie” by Shakira
- Make dinner at home – Get a service like Hello Fresh delivered so that you don’t have to struggle with the guesswork but still get to have the experience of cooking together. If you use this link, you get $40 toward your first Hello Fresh order on me!
- Pottery Making Class
- Set up a backyard movie night – like a drive-in movie, but easier to find.
- Go ice skating/roller skating
- Camping – or glamping – or just staying in a hotel somewhere near the woods
- Visit a museum
- Go to a baseball game
- Run a race – you can train for the race together which gives you some great quality time!
- Rewatch your wedding video – I have heard of families doing this with their kids and calling it a “Family Birthday Celebration”. Great way to celebrate with your kids and honoring the day you officially started your family!
- Game night – a little one on one competition can be a really fun date night
- Go Horseback Riding – Find a local barn in your area that does horseback riding lessons and see if they also do trail rides!
No matter what you do for your anniversary, be sure to acknowledge what a big deal it is that you have hit another milestone! Marriage is awesome, but we all know that you didn’t get to your anniversary without putting lots of work together and encouragement of the other person!
Check out these other Marriage Related Posts
Important Lessons for a Happy Married Life
Why You Should be Having a Weekly Marriage Meeting
Save to Pinterest!